Contrary to what too many women believe, it’s not enough to just get a permit and throw your pistol in your purse for self-defense.
The concealed carry lifestyle for many women becomes a battle of the day’s objectives, clothing selection and comfort based on body mechanics. Sitting at a desk all day, going for a jog in the park, or running to the store with kids dictates what to wear, interferes with comfort, and inhibits support equipment you should choose for your firearm. In this course, designed and taught by female instructors who have carried firearms for years as law enforcement officers and everyday civilians, female students will navigate through the daily struggles of concealed carry and learn to embrace the concept as a lifestyle choice. Students will get to test a variety of holsters and understand the nuances of each carry option. Once comfortable with equipment, this class will cover proper presentation and recovery from concealment, utilize cover, and master scenarios required for survival.
This is not an entry level class. At a minimum, students must have completed Handgun 103 or equivalent.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from our concealed carry pistol training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
- Demonstrate firearms safety and how it applies to concealed carry
- Demonstrate all previous skills learned and introduce new skills needed for defensive situations with a handgun in a deadly force encounter
- Demonstrate safety practices and concerns while carrying concealed
- Choose the proper concealed carry firearm
- Select the proper concealed carry support equipment
- Demonstrate presentation of the firearm from concealed carry posture
- Demonstrate presentation and recovery from concealed carry holster
- Demonstrate one handed shooting from concealment
- Demonstrate how to identify and use cover and concealment
- Demonstrate knowledge of alternative carrying techniques
- Semi-auto pistol in one of the following calibers: .380, 9MM, .357SIG, .40S&W, or .45ACP
- Minimum 3, 15 round magazines or equivalent
- Belt mounted, outside the waistband holster
- Belt mounted, dominant side concealment holster (Corset holsters and ankle holsters will also be available)
- Magazine/ammunition pouch
- Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
- Concealment jacket or vest
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning
- Casual, comfortable civilian clothing suitable for training in any weather
- Multiple layers of clothing (Winter, Fall, etc.)
- Hydration system
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Hat with a brim
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- Earmuffs and earplugs
Tuition includes free loan of firearms, holsters, safety glasses and hearing protection at the Epping, NH location.
- Estimated round count: 600 rounds handgun
- For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition may be required
- Ammunition is available for purchase from the Epping facility only