In this course, student instructors learn methods for teaching the practical application of the concealed carry pistol in a law enforcement environment, including use of force and weapon retention.
Classroom instruction is combined with practical, real world exercises and simulations. This course can also be easily tailored to meet in-service, job-specific training curricula for law enforcement agencies.
This course is designed for the current or prospective agency firearms instructor. You must have documentation of successful completion of an entry level pistol skills program from a law enforcement agency or training facility.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
NOTE: Some classes are restricted to Armed Professionals only. Please see the schedule for details.
- Pistol handling and safety
- Equipment analysis and selection
- Plain clothed officer strategies
- Low light shooting techniques from concealment
- Coaching skill development
- Team teaching concepts
- Target engagement from alternative positions while concealed
- Pistol operational skills and draws to include:
- Jacket concealed strong side draw
- Shirt concealed strong side draw
- Reloading from a concealed pouch
- One hand non-dominant draw
- Ankle holster draw
- Belly band draw
- Fanny pack draw
- Purse holster draw
- Briefcase holster draw
- Specialized concealment jacket draw
- Pocket holster draw
In order to receive a certificate of completion, students will be required to demonstrate proper safe gun handling from multiple concealment garments through 24 hours of training. Students will demonstrate proper application of the fundamentals of shooting and weapon manipulations in a variety of situations adhering to specific target standards established by the SIG SAUER Academy. Students will demonstrate proper teaching techniques during student-centered learning events on the safe and proper use of concealment.
- Semi-auto pistol in one of the following calibers: .380, 9MM, .357 SIG, .40 S&W, or .45 ACP (no other calibers allowed)
- 3 magazines minimum
- Belt mounted, dominant side concealment holster (all students will be required to wear a waist level, belt mounted, dominant side holster for this course)
- Magazine pouches
- Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning.
- Clothing suitable for training in any weather, pants must have belt loops - it is highly recommended that you bring a variety of your personal concealment clothing to this course
- Hat with a brim
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- Earmuffs and earplugs
Tuition includes free loan of firearms, holsters, safety glasses and hearing protection.
- Estimated round count: 800 rounds pistol
- For Epping, NH courses, non-toxic, non-jacketed FRANGIBLE ammunition may be required
- Ammunition is available for purchase at the Epping facility only